Here are a few things I am interested in around Portland:
- Thursday July 16: Ignite Portland 6 – “If you had five minutes on stage what would you say? What if you only got 20 slides and they rotated automatically after 15 seconds? Around the world geeks have been putting together Ignite nights to show their answers.”
- Friday July 17 – Sunday July 19: ARGFest – ARGFest-O-Con is a community organized gathering of players, designers, and cross-media enthusiasts that has grown from it’s humble origins of a few friends wanting to get together for beers in Las Vegas back in 2002 into today’s full blown conference attracting many of the leaders and innovators in the field of Alternate Reality Gaming.
- Saturday June 6 – Sunday September 13: Virtual Worlds: M.C. Escher and Paradox at the Portland Art Museum – I missed the opening lecture and have not yet seen the exhibit, but I believe some ARGFest attendees are going to take a field trip to the museum.
- Saturday June 20 – Monday September 7: Marking Portland: The Art of Tattoo – “The historic thread of tattoo as art and artifact in relationship to objects.”
- Saturday July 25: Skinvisible Tattoo Expo – I guess this is the equivalent of an opening lecture to the tattoo exhibition. “This one-day event celebrates the art of tattoo through fashion, music, performance, multimedia, and tributes to Portland’s most accomplished tattoo artists. See celebrity tattoos revealed, meet local artists, and learn more about this ancient art form and how it is practiced today.”
I feel like I am forgetting something. Obviously, there are minor things like neighborhood association meetings. After missing a few due to other commitments, I went to my first DorkbotPDX on Monday. I can’t say that I will be able to regularly go to the meetings, but would like to try going once a month or so.