1. Near-freezing temperatures today: the weather could not make up its mind whether to rain, snow, or hail this morning.
2. Massage. Yeay! My back’s still pretty f’ed up, yo. Usually, the massage helps, but today things were especially bad. I’ve lost weight, though–most of my pants no longer fit me–but my back is a twisted mess of muscles.
3. Trimming the hedge that’s overtaking the driveway, scratching the cars as the come in and out. In the freezing out-of-doors.
4. Replacing the 11″x14″ windowpane that got smashed by cat action. In the freezing out-of-doors. Glazing compound looks and acts like frosting. This is enhanced by the way you use the putty knife to work with it.
5. Kim now has a subscription to Better Homes and Gardens. *snicker* Thanks, mother-in-law. Or something. The magazine was fun to giggle over today, but I can see the joke becoming less and less funny over the next year. Fun stuff to do with your kids! Uhhh… kids? Valentines day tips! Uh, sorry, no. Spices for your arthritis relief! Know those toll-free numbers for family health!
6. Hey you Cali folks! My mom is bringing Kim and I down to Teh OC in February for Christmas vacation… in February. We were not able to get down there in December because of house-buying and house-fix-up and all of that, so X-Mas had to be postponed. We’ll be there 2/8 through 2/11. We’d love to see everyone!
7. To riff off of Kim’s “Good Stuff” post, Ebenezer is indeed one of our cats. He does like to play with anything he can. As many cat owners know, often the lamest, most unintentional, items become the best toy. In this case, a leftover piece of weatherstripping is now the coolest toy imaginable. Also, Ebenezer is the only cat I know that tries to get people to play fetch with him.