Things I love about this time of year:
* Every few days having a new tupperware tub of cherry tomatoes
* Eating many of the tomatoes before they even reach the house
* Kim’s home-made pasta sauce (even if it was made from beefsteak tomatoes and not sauce tomatoes)
* Horseradish that magically grows without watering and becomes large and bushy (and, technically, without even being planted: some roots escaped from the bottom of a pot last year and decided to take residence in the patch of dirt that was underneath.) Also: the prepared horseradish sauce made from said roots.
Things I’m not too keen on:
* The loofah vine, while continually growing a centimeter or two per day for the past few months, has yet to sprout anything but more leaves.