Copyright 2010, Brian Enigma <firstname.lastname@example.org>, http://netninja.com
Licensed under the GNU General Public License.
When used correctly, adding tags to Mantis issues can be a powerful feature. Unfortunately, the current tag implementation feels more like an
afterthought rather than a completely baked-in feature. This is especially true on the View Issues page, where tags are completely hidden from the
user. This plugin attempts to fix this by adding a Tags column.
After installation (see below), users can add the “Tags” column to their
View Issues screen by following these steps.
- Go to My Account -> Manage Columns.
- Add the “tagcolumn_tags” column to your View Issues Columns.
An administrator can perform similar steps, but under Manage -> Manage Configuration -> Manage Columns to add this column for all users.
Mantis 1.2.0 or greater is required.
Note that this version of the plugin does not support the column data
caching API. This means that there could be some performance penalties
when run on high-traffic sites.
Installation is simple and involves creating a plugin folder and copying the plugin’s PHP file into the folder. You then activate it from within Mantis.
- Create a folder under your mantis plugins folder named TagColumn. For instance, if you have Mantis installed at /var/www/mantisbt, then you would create /var/www/mantisbt/plugins/TagColumn.
- Copy TagColumn.php into this folder.
- Log in to Mantis as an administrator.
- Go to Manage -> Manage Plugins and click “Install” next to TagColumn.