Do you know what’s cool?
* Digging into the implementation behind the pthread_create() system call, and in the process learning about all kinds of nifty OS-level functionality (including clone and futex), while locating (and fixing) an 8K-per-new-connection/thread memory leak.
* Adjustment screws
* Gingerbread tea (it smells a lot more strong and sweet than it tastes, which is good because I’m not big on super-sweet drinks)
Do you know what’s not cool?
* LiveJournal forgetting my custom style and reverting back to a default one.
* My “post by SMS” verification message not going through, even after an hour.
* The TX Fault circuitry and logic embedded inside of Finisar SFP modules and their lack of support for the optional TX Fault detected pin.