Now that there are a few more bands that non-punk-me knows, I'll pick up from Stimps. There were a couple of other choices I might have added instead of NIN, but obscurity would have made the list less fun for the next person.
Rank the following bands in order, from couldn't live without to couldn't care less. To add value to this process, you must also add one band to the list, and remove one band from the list, before passing the list on (including these instructions).
Adding: Nine Inch Nails
Nine Inch Nails
Siouxsie and the Banshees
The Beach Boys
Removing: The Kinks
…back to lunch and XML document stores now.
Edit from this evening:
1) I dug out my old laser pointer. Fun times were had by cats and humans. The Precious, even still a little sick, can bound up the wall pretty high.
2) Pants will not leave The Precious' medication bottles/tubes alone when I have them out.
3) They managed to hit the switch on the power bar that the iMac (and other audio equipment) is plugged into. Fortunately, it was well after I did the 5 hour Audible -> MP3 conversion.
4) They discovered a new play toy that moves all by itself: a spider. I think The Precious ate it before they were done playing.
5) Chasing your tail in a tub is really loud.
6) I will probably make a clock entirely out of paper this weekend. Wait, no, I lied. It will also be made out of glue, pennies, and string. It is just a logical extension of the half-dozen random projects I have been making from Flying Pig (Kate just LOVES the accordion-fold train whistle, for extremely small values of “Love”). It should be easy enough to go from one or two paper gears to a couple of dozen…. I should also have a book on making popup books. Oh, and be sure to waste some time looking at the description of the mechanisms at Flying Pig–they explain (using animations) a lot of basic mechanical engineering stuff that is common enough that you are probably already aware of it but may not know the name or the specifics.